Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Time with the Royals

There was a time when yours truly played for the Royals. I know that may come as a shock, but it is true. As a matter of fact, there was a pivotal game in the season when I, get this, hit an inside the park grand slam. My distinguished play even led me to an all-star game. I'll always cherish my memories with the Royals. And, in true Nascar fashion, I'd like to thank Denny's Auto Body for putting a great team out on the field and for their support that year. Also, thank you to all those people who bought boosters to help pay for our hats and jerseys.

Actually, I've been waiting a long time to put Elijah in my old Jersey. You'll notice that number was later worn by one of my favorite Eagles ever, Randall Cunningham. Call it fate. Oh, by the way, we never won a championship either.

Obviously, I was older than Elijah when I wore this, but it fits him good.



3 comments:

Lou said...

Uh oh.

Sounds like one of those parents trying to live out their past "not-so-glory" days through their kids.

I fear that this will not turn out well........

Hopefully you won't force your son to be an Eagles fan too..... :-)

Rachel said...

What a cute kid!!!!

gennifersm said...

He looks just like you! Brings me back in time!!!

Post a Comment