Monday, April 16, 2007

Pants on Fire

Tonight Elijah and I played firefighters. He got dressed up in his fireman coat, backpack, and hat. I'm happy to report that all the fires in our house are now out. After about 35 minutes I explained to Elijah that firefighters need to take bubble baths to get clean after a long day of putting out fires. Melody was filling the bathtub for firefighter Elijah, and I was undressing him. In a moment of vulnerability I told Elijah, in Melody's presence, that when I was a little boy, my mom made us wear fire-proof pajamas. Melody laughed uncontrollably, so did Elijah. She said she never heard of them before, I guess I figured everyone knew about flame retardant pj's. Am I the only one?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I've heard of them, however, I think all p.j.s now have to be flame retardant.

Adam Workman said...

The thing I remember about them was that they smelled bad.

gennifersm said...

P.j's have to be tight fitting or flame resistant now, but they don't seem to smell anymore.

Post a Comment