Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jesus on 94 North

I was driving into work this morning sipping my OMB/soy/matcha Vivanno when I saw a guy dressed like Jesus (robe, sandals, and long flowing hair) walking down the road, big black bible snuggled close to his chest. Looking back on it, I kind of wish I would have stopped and offered him a ride. At the very least it would have made a good sermon illustration/facebook status/tweet/or blog entry.

I got to thinking, if Jesus were here today, He wouldn't dress like that, and I am pretty sure He'd be driving a car, so I guess it wasn't Him.

Jesus was anything but irrelevant in His day. I wonder why this wannabe would want to present Him as out of touch today. Jesus isn't frozen in time.

This incident brought back to mind a great book I read in 08, "Lord Save Us From Your Followers."

Gotta go iron my robe. Oh yeah, Jesus probably wouldn't have been drinking my Starbucks drink either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment